Monday, June 1, 2015

Wedding Belles

Today is a two for one!

This past weekend I got to cross a big one off my "Wait when did I kinda become an adult?!" list. My first wedding of a friend that I would attend. Don't get me wrong. I've been to plenty of weddings. I think it's an unwritten rule as an Indian that you invite everyone you know, including your mailman. But I've never had a close friend get married! I know Deanna from undergrad, and we were in the same sorority. Funny aside: we actually met freshman year waiting in the line outside of a fraternity house for a party. College equivalent of becoming friends with girls in bathrooms? Anyway, we re-met a year later when we joined Chi Omega, and that's when I got to know Greg as well. So, Deanna and Greg's wedding served the dual purpose of a mini sorority reunion for a few of my other close college friends.

I had the best time. We almost missed the ceremony due to some traffic and a lot of GPS mishaps, but several detours later we were there, in more or less one shape, no one being an accidental casualty of my driving. Their vows definitely made me teary, and the reception was just as beautiful. Between the hor d'oeuvres, several courses of dinner, and chocolate fountain (!) I think this may have been the first time I didn't finish all of my food. Everything was delicious, and moreover we had a great night between all the catching up, dancing, and only just a little falling in heels.


I actually wore my prom dress (from 2007!). At my high school juniors and seniors were invited to the annual prom, and this is the dress I wore my junior year. I wore it twice the following year for Indian weddings, but I quickly thereafter retired it. Something about being the only person in a dress and surrounded in saris and churidars. Anyway, I'm a typical girl and rotate my dresses with painstaking methodology, although who's really going to notice the same dress in facebook pictures besides me? But even eight years was a stretch for me. I really loved this dress though (maybe one day I will feature a post with my prom dress from senior year!), and I was so excited to have the opportunity to wear it again.


The following morning Greg's parents were hosting a brunch at our hotel, and well, we all know how I feel about brunch. Only slightly surpassing midnight dessert as my favorite meal of the day, I love brunch. I'm not a huge breakfast for dinner person, or even really a breakfast for breakfast person (enter: chocolate milk on the go). But I am in serious love with brunch.

I wore a maxi dress (my first!), and I like it so much I want to wear it to sleep. I wore the maxi with small wedges, but it's actually the perfect length that I could even wear it with flats. That and the opaque mini skirt underneath the sheer maxi part? Seriously, if I didn't have to wear business attire to court, I think I would wear this dress every day. I need more!


I hope you all enjoyed this post as much as I enjoyed this weekend. Sure, I had fun dressing up. But more importantly, I'm so happy to have had celebrated Deanna and Greg's new life together with their families and our friends. Congratulations Deanna and Greg!!!


Wedding: Cache Dress, Cache Earrings, Cache Bracelets, Mossimo Heels (from Target)

Brunch: Xhiliration Dress (from Target), Seychelles 'Arden' Wedges, Urban Outfitters Earrings

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday Five

A sweet bar gift from Caroline From 50 and pouring last weekend at my brothers graduation (hello Nor'easter in May) to 90 and scor...