Friday, April 17, 2015

Friday Five

Finally getting to break in my first pair of cowboy boots
that I asked Santa for this past Christmas
The past couple of weeks have been marked with a focus on preparing for final exams. We're officially down to the final two weeks of school, and my friends and I have started our tradition of studying in classrooms, which is more than a little nerve wracking. The final weeks of the semester brings the usual end of the year celebratory dinners and banquets for the organizations I am a part of (the Asian Law Student Organization, Journal, and Student Bar Association), and free dinners have been a plus. The fun will definitely be put on pause for the meantime, but there have been a few highlights. Most notably, I enjoyed my Easter long weekend, when my brother Kevin visited for brunch, and last weekend when my friends and I went to the opening night of a new bar in town.

I've been making more of an effort to capture those times when I'm out and about, rather than just focusing on clothing or beauty items. But I don't always have the opportunity to photograph in the open all the time, what with the hassle of lugging around a bulky DSLR. I really value taking high quality pictures, and that isn't always possible when I'm just hanging out with friends or exploring new parts of town. So, I often end up photographing a lot of material objects for these posts. Also, it's hard to capture those little moments that bring a smile to my face like getting a text from a friend about last minute dinner plans that gives me the motivation to power through school work, or receiving a message from a classmate asking me how I'm doing because I looked stressed in passing that morning. Those little gestures really are the moments that make my week. Below are a few of the other moments that have brought a smile to my face recently. Enjoy, and have a great weekend!


Going back to the Czech inspired brewery. I especially love the huge "Pivo" sign above the bar, which is Czech for beer

Having my brother over for Easter brunch – and having an excuse to dress up in colorful spring attire!
(Frenchi Blazer, Lush Dress, LC Lauren Conrad for Kohls Wedges)

The taste, convenience and nutritional value of chocolate milk boxes make them a go-to for my daily breakfasts during the short drive to school (Essie 'Master Plan' and OPI 'Tickle My France-y')


My signature drink as of late (the unique presentation being part of the selling factor)


2nd and 5th pictures taken with iPhone 4 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday Five

A sweet bar gift from Caroline From 50 and pouring last weekend at my brothers graduation (hello Nor'easter in May) to 90 and scor...