Friday, May 29, 2015

Friday Five


NYC skyline from the rooftop of my brother's apartment
Between my last week of vacation before the start of my internship, Memorial Day Weekend, and my first week at work, I've been busy!

I finally got that haircut I've been meaning to get, and I did some damage at the Banana Republic Outlet with my mom (think this jacket can pass off as a work appropriate blazer?). I also got to catch up with a bunch of my family friends at a party last weekend (where I wore a sari!), kicked off the summer with the first burger barbeque at home on the deck, and as you can see from the first of this Friday Five went to New York City!

I've said it before, I'll say it again: I love cities and I love NYC. I was definitely disappointed to not be able to work in the city this summer (but I was absolutely happy to forgo that horrendous commute), so it by far made my week to spend some time there last weekend. But seriously, you cannot beat those views! Between some picnicking in Brooklyn with my brother Kevin and his friend Christine, some pizza on his 40th floor roof, and brunch overlooking the East River the next morning, some time in NYC is always good for my soul. (Spoiler alert: I'll be there next weekend as well!)

It was the perfect way to segue into my first week of work. I'm starting to get settled in there now, and things are moving along nicely. While I broke up the work week with a sushi dinner with high school friends one night, I'm looking forward to meeting up with college friends this weekend at a wedding! To say I'm excited is an understatement. Have a good weekend!


Morning run followed by chocolate chip pancakes. Sometimes nothing beats the boxed stuff topped with the good maple syrup

Evening stroll (to walk off some afternoon Pei Wei) made even better by blue skies

 View of the East River and the Brooklyn Bridge on a sunny day

Making our own brunch for the quintessential way to end off the long weekend. Mimosa anyone?


4th and 5th pictures taken with iPhone 4

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday Five

A sweet bar gift from Caroline From 50 and pouring last weekend at my brothers graduation (hello Nor'easter in May) to 90 and scor...