Friday, December 25, 2015

Friday Five

A new spin on our traditional Christmas morning french
toast: eggnog chocolate marzipan babka style
Merry Christmas! This week has been a whirlwind of finishing finals (finally), packing, cleaning, a lot of laundry, and traveling back home just in time to do the last (er, all) of my holiday shopping.

I've spent more than a couple of afternoons at the mall (as long as I'm a student and have the luxury of shopping on a weekday I'm sticking to this routine – I find the best deals and I always end up finding something I like for everyone I know that they'll enjoy), slept in a ton, watched my share of Christmas movies, and indulged more than I'd like to admit on my mom's home cooking... and dessert after every meal.

I've also tried out conveyor belt sushi for the first time, had a holiday lunch with my future boss, and done a little shopping for my own (finally replaced my 7's that ripped last year with this pair with a great price).

This week is heavy on the holiday favorites, but that's only fitting as the theme of my past month has been more heavy on the Finals Grinch that Stole Christmas than anything else. Happy holidays everyone!


Sweet treats from William Sonoma for some tasty stocking stuffers I wouldn't normally purchase

Catching up on all my favorite holiday movies: A Miracle on 34th Street, Home Alone, and The Santa Clause topping the list

Chocolate mousse reindeer peeps, an endearing take on the original

Catching a Christmas day new release movie, an annual outing between my brother and I

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday Five

A sweet bar gift from Caroline From 50 and pouring last weekend at my brothers graduation (hello Nor'easter in May) to 90 and scor...