Friday, June 12, 2015

Friday Five

Perfect way to break up the week: stopping by a local
bakery for an afternoon snack
As this post airs I will be en route to Columbus, Ohio for the weekend with my family! We will be making the eight hour drive for my cousin's daughter's baptism. I'm excited to meet her and spend some time with my cousins as well. I've also gotten a ton of great recommendations on the downtown area of Columbus from my law school friends so I'm looking forward to checking some new brunch spots out.

The past week has been marked with reuniting with an old high school friend for a post-work dinner and having tasty Italian food with my supervisor for an extended lunch break. Otherwise, I'm looking forward to having a relaxing weekend with my cousins and making the most of the road trip by diving into a growing stack of Glamour magazines that have been neglected since my return home and finally finishing Gone Girl (yeah, about that New Years Resolution I've been letting slide...).

I usually love bugging all my friends to entertain me for countless hours on the phone when I have long drives by myself, but I'll spare my family the incessant chatter. Tell me, what are your favorite things to do during car trips? And as always, have a great weekend!

Late night pizza hitting the spot (a diavolo and bianca)

On the recommendation of my friend Rachel L, I picked up the audiobook for Serena to make my drives to work a little less same-top-40-song-on-repeat and a little more of a constructive use of my time

Lay's Kettle Cooked Jalapeno will always be my #1 but that never stops me from resisting the urge to try out different jalapeno chips when I spot a new brand at the grocery store

Festive flags adorning the lawn outside my town's municipal building

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday Five

A sweet bar gift from Caroline From 50 and pouring last weekend at my brothers graduation (hello Nor'easter in May) to 90 and scor...