Friday, June 26, 2015

Friday Five

Spencer Finch, Trying To Remember the Color
 of the Sky on That September Morning
I'm going to the beach this weekend! Okay, well not exactly the beach, but I am going down to the Jersey shore! This weekend I'll be at Atlantic City with a handful of law school friends for a mid-summer reunion. If we can't get to Vegas, AC is the next best thing, right? The drive is only a couple of hours for me, and I can't wait to get there tomorrow.

Until then, there have been plenty of moments during the past week bringing a smile to my face. Between indulging in way too many rolls of sushi with Ashley, having delicious authentic Mexican tacos with my supervisor (seriously, he knows the best spots!), and spending my Summer Friday at the outlets, I don't need much more past food, shopping and friends. And keeping in line with my goal to have as many brunches as possible, I also enjoyed Father's Day brunch in NYC with family friends. The goal was to talk the dad's into post-brunch libations at a rooftop, but knowing my dad I knew the afternoon would comprise of a museum, a park, or both. I felt fortunate to visit the recently opened 9/11 museum though, and above is a beautiful mosaic of the sky that morning with tiles in remembrance of each victim.

Whether your skies are blue, grey, cloudy, or sunny wherever you are this weekend, each day is precious, and I hope you have a great weekend.

Rose garden in full bloom in the backyard

A hair salon set in a renovated historic re-use project

Late brunch at Le Salbuen (I had the mini croissants with duck)

Stumbling upon my favorite childhood story rebound in a whimsical print at Anthropologie
"It would be easy to be a princess if I were dressed in cloth of gold but it is a great deal more of a triumph to be one all the time when no one knows it."

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday Five

A sweet bar gift from Caroline From 50 and pouring last weekend at my brothers graduation (hello Nor'easter in May) to 90 and scor...