Thursday, October 30, 2014

Basic Fall (Break) Betches


Last week was Fall Break. I live far enough from my parent's home that it wasn't too feasible, financially and time-wise, to make the trek back. Plus, there's always a bunch of us that stick around, so things never get too boring. Last year, I had worked hard and studied all day in the library, every day. I had also played hard and gone out, every night. Ironically enough, I actually ended up meeting most of who are still my closest friends during that week. Something out being the sole law students stuck in the bubble together for a week brought us together for a few fun times and kept us together for several more throughout the rest of the year.

This year, I knew I wanted to work and play... but a little more in moderation as compared to last year. I didn't see the necessity in pumping out a couple of semester papers and final exam outlines and burning myself out by going out every night. Instead, I made sure to do all the necessary readings, make my Journal deadline for my note, and start my outlines. Also, rather than hitting up a different bar every night of the week, I took advantage of the still nice weather and crossed some things off my bucket list. I went to local places to eat I had never been to, studied in downtown coffee shops, had multiple movie nights, and went to a soccer game. Most importantly, it was a breath of fresh air just to take a step back, relax, and recharge.
I grew up in northern NJ and fall is stunning there. My backyard alone is a mountain, a pond, and a forest. But, Indiana didn't disappoint... along with a few friends, I took advantage of the colorful fall foliage to explore the campus. We dressed in our preppiest gear, grabbed some pumpkin spice lattes from the on campus Starbucks, and set out to jump in some leaves. So basic, right? That was after all our theme. Our photoshoot was mostly tongue-in-cheek. We don't take ourselves too seriously, and we wanted to bring that "basic" theme back home. At the very least, I'm glad I had an excuse to quit the books and enjoy a beautiful fall afternoon.


Men’s J. Crew Shirt, Old Navy Vest, LC Lauren Conrad at Kohl’s Leggings, Nine West “Counter Riding Boots”, Brighton “Hamilton” Watch, David Yurman “Cable Classics Bracelet with Pearls and Diamonds”, Bella U “Flower Earring”, Bare Minerals “Maverick” Lipgloss

Caroline: Francesca’s Collection’s Coat, Vintage Shirt, Urban Outfitters Scarf, BDG Leggings from Urban Outfitters, Michael Kor’s “Camila” Sunglasses, Hunter Rainboots, Bite “PortLip Cream

Rachel: Madewell Sweater, Free People Jeans, Madewell Jacket, Madewell Shoes, J. Crew Bag, J. Crew Necklace, Michael Kors Watch, Tiffany & Co. Ring

Sara: J. Crew Coat, Forever 21 Sweater, LuLu Lemon Leggings, Coach Boots, Forever 21 Necklace

All photos taken with iPhone 6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday Five

A sweet bar gift from Caroline From 50 and pouring last weekend at my brothers graduation (hello Nor'easter in May) to 90 and scor...