This year, my friends and I were in Chicago for a 100 days until graduation party. We drove back on Sunday, and I whipped up a quick pull apart bread and headed to a small viewing party.
These are so easy to make, and really you can't go wrong with bread and cheese.
I've never had monkey bread or pull apart bread before, so this was definitely fun to try out. You can switch out the spices, cheese, etc. for whatever types you want. I pretty much stuck to the original recipe except I used a lot less butter (about half a stick less) and a little extra garlic. But think of these as nachos but for bread... go crazy or go simple, you will love them all the same!
1/2 stick butter
2 cloves garlic, minced
1 bunch chives, trimmed and cut
1 loaf of Italian bread
8 ounces shredded mixed cheddar and mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 350°F
- Heat butter in a microwave safe bowl (30 second intervals until melted) and mix in the garlic and chives
- Cut a 1/2" grid pattern onto the loaf of bread, stopping about 1/4" above the base of the bread so that it stays connected
- Spoon the butter mixture along the seams
- Wrap foil around the top of the bread and place on a sprayed foil lined baking sheet
- Bake for about 8-10 minutes
- Remove from oven, open the foil, and spring the cheese over the top and in the seams
- Leave the foil open and return to the oven for another 3-5 minutes or until melted
- Remove from oven, let sit for a couple of minutes, and sprinkle with more chives
Recipe source: slightly adapted from Tasty kitchen