Monday, October 26, 2015

Isn't All of Mexico All-Inclusive?

Mesmerized by the ombre ocean on the horizon
1L they scare you to death, 2L they work you to death, and 3L they bore you to death. Well, if that's the worst part about 3L, then I'll take it.

This year instead of my fall break plans consisting of staying on campus to start outlining for final exams, send out mass applications to job postings, and spend time in a deserted library, I was able to live the 3L life and go to Cancun! We had found a lodging and airfare combination deal at an all-inclusive resort for four days at a ridiculous deal, and I was pumped to get a break from the mid-West by spending a few days in paradise.

We started off the mornings with yoga on the beach, ate fresh food with incredible views, had daily sessions of water aerobics, spent hours playing in the waves, and lounged around with a constant flow of drinks arriving at our beck and call to our cabana. I had a great time going to Mexico for the first time, and Cancun was the perfect destination for a carefree and luxurious getaway for a group of students.

We headed into town one morning for souvenir shopping, but otherwise stuck to the resort. After all, it did have everything we could possibly need (minus a working toilet in our room for the first day and a half...). My time at school with my friends here is rapidly dwindling, and I'm loving making these memories with them while we are all still together in the same place in our lives. We'll always be able to have reunions in the future, but something tells me the real world might be a little less "3LOL." For now though, I'll take the 3L lifestyle all I can get.

 The gorgeous pool at our resort with an even more convenient swim up bar

Huge white mattresses that were almost too pretty to sit on (or dance on during the night!)

My favorite order-on-the-beach snack: fresh ceviche with shrimp and avocados with a side of hot chips and a salty margarita

Loved these comfy beach cabanas just a few feet away from the water

Colorful stucco and unique hand goods while visiting the center of the town


Pictures taken with Canon PowerShot SD600

2 comments:

  1. I went to Cancun when I was 10 and it is still the most beautiful beach I have ever seen. Glad to see the ocean is still ombre there! My family actually has a timeshare there that was bought during that trip but we haven't been back yet.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh nice I never knew you had a timeshare there. And yeah I loved the ombré ocean- so pretty! Never seen that before

      Delete

Friday Five

A sweet bar gift from Caroline From 50 and pouring last weekend at my brothers graduation (hello Nor'easter in May) to 90 and scor...