Monday, November 17, 2014

Little Girl Playing Dress Up in a Grown Up World

I'm petite. Or short, whichever you want to call it. 5"0 to be exact. But that's not what I mean when I say I'm a little girl playing dress up in a grown up world.  I'm currently in school to get my law degree, so by definition I'm obviously a little type A. I want to graduate and succeed in the corporate world. But, I'm not ready to lose sight of that curiosity and nonchalance of childhood. My identity is whimsical yet rooted in realistic notions of what's outside my small snow globe. I want to work hard, and I want to play hard.

When I think of a little girl playing dress up in a grown up world, I think of Kate Spade. I love Kate Spade because I feel that's the essence of her brand. Everything sparkles with femininity yet maintains a polish of sophistication. I want that message to flow through this blog. Whether I post about fashion, food, interior design, my travels, life musings, or whatever else, I want this blog to epitomize an ideal for which to strive. I'm not a rich socialite, a famous celebrity, or a talented fashion designer. I'm just a normal young adult who has an avid interest and a passion for all things girly. I want to share that in a simple and relatable manner.
 My four everyday jewelry essentials: watch, ring, bracelet, necklace

I love following what the fashion trends are while curating my own style. I want my aesthetic to evolve while putting my own take on the classics. I want to hold on to that childhood ease of carefree playtime while enjoying the benefits of hard work as an adult. That's the palace within my dreams.

 
I don't live a fast-paced lifestyle of glamor and excess. I don't pretend to be anyone I'm not. I'm not a fashion expert or a food connoisseur. I'm just a little girl playing dress up in a grown up world. And that's the ruins of the palace within my dreams.  


And that's just fine with me.


Brighton "Hamilton" Watch, Kate Spade "Skinny Mini Bow" Ring, David Yurman "Cable Classics Bracelet with Pearls and Diamonds", Monogram Necklace

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday Five

A sweet bar gift from Caroline From 50 and pouring last weekend at my brothers graduation (hello Nor'easter in May) to 90 and scor...