Thursday, December 18, 2014

Snapshots from the UAE

Burj al Arab in the background, dubbed the world's only "7 star hotel"
During the fall of 2012 my family went to the UAE for a whirlwind stopover on the way to India for my cousin's wedding. We stayed in Dubai and even made the time to take a bus ride to Abu Dhabi for a quick trip to the Sheikh Zayed Grand Mosque. To this day, the Grand Mosque ranks among the top architectural beauties I have ever visited (the sites of Prague are very close contenders, but I am partially biased as I spent a semester abroad there!). To round out our time in Dubai we went dune bashing, rode camels, viewed a belly dancing show, and saw some of the city's landmarks including the Burj Khalifa, the Burj al Arab, the gold souk, and the palm islands. Here is a glimpse of a few highlights from our stay there.


Pristine and set against the backdrop of the desert is the Grand Mosque

Dune bashing in the deserts of Dubai where one employee rode up to me to warn me to slow down

Stopping by a market in the midst of a busy afternoon


All photos taken with Canon PowerShot ELPH300HS

No comments:

Post a Comment

Friday Five

A sweet bar gift from Caroline From 50 and pouring last weekend at my brothers graduation (hello Nor'easter in May) to 90 and scor...